Hi, At a client while configuring SP the user noticed they cant access SharePoint with their AD username.
When i looked into it i realised i get this error when trying to access User Profile Synchronisation Service:
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.String Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.SynchronizationRunStatus.get_ConnectionName()'.
i Used the application wizard for this implementation for some of the Service Applications. Since it is a Single WFE environment i don't see a problem using the wizard for user profile sync. Defending myself (:
Solution: Installed June 2012 CU
Ok, not quite solved yet...User Profile Synchronisation Service wont start inside SharePoint...
Looking into it...
Ok, Had to add SP_farm to local administrators, then start the service, then i restarted...
Had to do this twice for some reason.
You are suppose to be able to remove SP_farm from local admins when you are done but have not done this yet.
Doing this post at client so no time for screenshots (: